Range Rover Classic ambulance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom McG

Reaction score
My pride 'n' joy is a 1973 Lomas-bodied Range Rover Classic ambulance, although it will become a camper in due course. No longer trading, the Lomas company was located in Cheshire, England.

I am keeping the vehicle in it's orginal condition until I finnaly have the time and money to convert it properly - work in progrees you could call it.

tom_s_10.jpg

tom_s_11.jpg

As I run 4x4 tours in the Spanish Pyrenees, where it's impossible to acquire LPG, the original tired 3.5 V8 has been replaced with a 300 Tdi, auto box and the largest intercooler I could find - the combination means that it pulls like a train!

Personally I went for this particular ambulance conversion as unlike some bodies that look as the rear of the Rangie has been hacked off and replaced with a box on the back, this version has the body line of a Range Rover Classic from front to rear.

Anyone out there with other RR ambulances/campers?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty cool. When you get into it, would you be up for a build thread? Posting up the progress of what you are doing with pics and explanations? That would be neat to see.

Tom McG

Reaction score
No problem. Only things holding me back is time and money, but apart from that ...

Such is life!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink