Low tire pressure indicator light didn't shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The winch came in and no way is it a rebuilt part. Total lie. Its a used part and could have the same problem as what I just went through. Tbh, the one that came off looks a lot better.

6Zs5kms.jpg

srPOLxI.jpg

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of using the concrete block like in the OP under the jack, I cut up a 2X6 to put underneath instead. Its way better this way, the block I had found near my apartment so I had used it instead of buying a block for it. I was thinking a 6X6 would be better, but I couldn't find any pieces without buying a 20'er.

The jack stand is pretty sweet too. Its a 6-ton and if you rotate the handle, the shaft raises up automatically making it a one handed operation to support the frame with the stand. I found it at Action Autoparts. Another 2X6 or better to stick underneath when in the dirt might be a good idea. If the jack looks tweaked its because it is. I was careless one day and bent it from leaving the ebrake off.

IMG20240510062449.jpg

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that external mounted spare is for the birds.
What they did in the LR2 is what they should have done in the LR4.
Those lightweight jacks provided with the vehicle are fine in an emergency…. but I never use them at home. I just can’t trust them…. which is why I’m glad you added the jack stand!

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that external mounted spare is for the birds.
What they did in the LR2 is what they should have done in the LR4.
Those lightweight jacks provided with the vehicle are fine in an emergency…. but I never use them at home. I just can’t trust them…. which is why I’m glad you added the jack stand!
A lot of new Rovers don't even have a spare tire or jack. They are looking at weight savings vs convenience.
Plus, it's a liability for someone to change their own tire. :oops:

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And apparently check the dip stick, lol
With the way the world is going, I’m surprised I’m allowed to pull up the zipper on my pants without supervision. And thank you to all the idiots out there… my take out coffee is not as hot as I like. @Rover Range , you hit a nerve, lol.

My children are in their 20s. Essential car ownership responsibilities were taught by me. And their whole life they have been playing in the garage with me.
What’s interesting to me is that is that their friends have no clue. That these skills are not even taught in drivers Ed training any more… and as I witnessed yesterday, nor is the premise “keep right except to pass”.

And don’t get me going on those who learned to drive elsewhere, where lanes, turn signals, stop signs… are a suggestion… So we give them a driver’s license anyways.

Apologies for the hijack!

Last edited:

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't trust any jack enough to go under the car without a jack stand. The factory jack is fine for changing a tire, and the tool kit comes with wheel chocks to use on the opposite corner to prevent rolling back.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Land Rover is the first car I've had with a spare tire since 2005 when I had a Silverado truck with the 496CI big block V8 and the Allison 5speed. I'm pretty happy with it tbh. Its a second option where the first would be to plug the tire. I bought a new kit to replace the cheap pos I tried in the original post. The reamer and stabber thing is beefy, it probably weighs a good pound and the handle fits nicely in my hand. Its high quality made in the USA. The kit comes with small strips and regular size strips.

I also needed a pressure gauge, I forget the brand but its decent. It has a bleed valve and doesn't require a battery but it does require two hands to operate.

IMG20240516063754_01.jpg

IMG20240516063700.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink